Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
playlist cloud save
It will be cool if the playlists were automatically uploaded to some cloud service so you don't loose them when your sd crashes or you decide to reinstall for some reason.

I have a script that uploads to dropbox and I have added a line at the end of blissflixx.py to call this script and upload the playlists (as I lost them once) but I guess this will be removed on the next blissflixx update.
>>It will be cool if the playlists were automatically uploaded to some cloud service so you don't loose them when your sd crashes or you decide to reinstall for some reason.

Yes this would be good. I lost some playlists once and started using git to back them up. Maybe need to think about an official solution. I was also thinking about a way to be able to share your public playlists with other users.

>> but I guess this will be removed on the next blissflixx update.

No it won't be removed - instead it will fail to update blissflixx.py because it has been changed. So to update your installation you will need to first need to run:

Code:
git checkout -- blissflixx.py

This will remove your changes. You will then be able to update properly. You can then add the changes back again after the update. Maybe I can add some sort of flag to blissflixx.py to run an external script so you don't have to make changes to the original file.