Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subtitle localization for croatian
I tried to make subtitles show the right characters for croatian language, but unfortunately failed. The problem is that language specific characters are not displayed correctly. Probably due to subtitles encoding differences between win and linux (suppose most of the subtitles are in windows-1252).

I'm pretty new to this localization thing, and tried setting all settings to croatian, but as i said that did not work....
I did some more research and it appears it is a common issue with a number of players that use subtitles. Languages affected by this issue are all slavic central european. Sadly none of the fixes I was able to find where aplicable to blissflixx. As is, subtitles are still unusable in my native language.

Other than that, great solution for home streaming.
I have attempted to fix the croatian subtitles not working. Go into the blissflixx directory and then run

git pull

To update to latest release.

Now try subtitles again - let me know if it works for you or not.
(10-05-2016, 07:21 AM)MrBliss Wrote: I have attempted to fix the croatian subtitles not working. Go into the blissflixx directory and then run

git pull

To update to latest release.

Now try subtitles again - let me know if it works for you or not.

No, but I figured it out. I gave you the wrong character encoding page - it's windows 1250 for croatian not 1252. When the code in getsubs.py is
elif lang == 'hrv':

# Eastern European Group?
      encodings.extend(['windows-1250'])

it seems to work fine.

So, please change that in the next update,

Thanks, I did not expect this to be corrected so soon
OK Thanks for the info - I have checked in the amended fix.

Cheers