Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few comments
Hi

Firstly, nice work. Great (potential) addition to my pi. However, a few things.

1. BBC iplayer doesn't work. The stream stops shortly after initiating but before any video starts.

2. It would be great if there was a way to stop the server and return back to the terminal screen

3. Any way of having this as a window? The reason I ask is that am using my pi with an HDMIPI screen and not a separate TV. So although the videos work nicely and look great on the screen, I don't have separate controls via a remote and would like to be able to manipulate my pi while the video is playing, as well as stop everything and return back to terminal.

4. I get a screen full of garbage characters when videos stop.

Think that is all for the moment but there is some other stuff that I'll come back to at a later date. But again, thanks, it looks good when working
Hi,

Sorry about the delay in replying - not been checking the forum regularly enough to see if anyone has joined. Anyway glad welcome first user ;-)

>>BBC iplayer doesn't work. The stream stops shortly after initiating but before any video starts.

Just checking are you in the UK? If not then BBC iplayer will not work.

>> It would be great if there was a way to stop the server and return back to the terminal screen

Do you use the ./start script? this will start the server and return to the command line prompt.

>> Any way of having this as a window?

I don't think so. The server starts omxplayer to play the videos and I don't think omxplayer supports anything other than full screen.

>> I get a screen full of garbage characters when videos stop.

I'll see if I can reproduce this. Also what model of raspi are you using?

I'll start checking the forum more regularly now that you have joined.

Cheers
hello sorry for the intrusion, i really love the concept but why there no button to rewind or to move forward (i've a RPi 2)
It's because some types of stream do not support back/forward so it was easier to just not provide it at all. However this will be fixed in the next few weeks so that all streams can be rewound/fowarded. Along with this the main things I have on my list to implement are:

• Subtitles
  • Channels requiring username/password login
  • Automatically playing through each item in a playlist
Thanks for the joining the forum and providing some feedback
It will also be cool if you can loop and randomize the playlists.
>>It will also be cool if you can loop and randomize the playlists.

Yes good idea.
This is really really great! it's fast efficient and light!
It could be really good alternative to xbmc for me.
Do you have any 'getStarted' to develop some plugins ?
Except some features:
-subtitles
-ability to controle the video with your mouse even pause stop will be great
-hyperion compatibility
It's really the tools i was looking for.

Keep going and thank you!
>>This is really really great! it's fast efficient and light!

Great! glad you like it and welcome to the forum.

>>Do you have any 'getStarted' to develop some plugins ?

Not at the moment. The best way to get started would be to look at the existing channels in the "chls" subdirectory. If you have some knowledge of Python then you will see that most of them are very easy to understand and only require a small amount of code. Also feel free to ask questions on this forum.

>> -subtitles

Subtitle are coming soon - that's what I'm currently working on.

>> -ability to controle the video with your mouse even pause stop will be great

Not sure I understand. You can pause/stop the video from the web UI. Is this not what you require?

>> -hyperion compatibility

Not heard of this - so I looked it up. I'm still not sure of the purpose of having LED lights react to what's playing. I might look into this further when I get some other key features implemented.
>>>>Do you have any 'getStarted' to develop some plugins ?

>>Not at the moment. The best way to get started would be to look at the existing channels in the "chls" subdirectory. If you have some knowledge of Python then you will see that most of them are very easy to understand and only require a small amount of code. Also feel free to ask questions on this forum.

Well i don't know python but i will take a look.

>>>> -ability to controle the video with your mouse even pause stop will be great

>>Not sure I understand. You can pause/stop the video from the web UI. Is this not what you require?
I have install it on OSMC wich was a pain because lot of dependecies are missing. The thing is it's a bit annoying for me to have my laptop open just to press play/plause. Having the downside bar on omx player (like when you play video on kodi) will be a great feature.

>>>> -hyperion compatibility

>>Not heard of this - so I looked it up. I'm still not sure of the purpose of having LED lights react to what's playing. I might look into this further when I get some other key features implemented.

Well the purpose is the immersion of the movie (and sometimes to show off a bit when your friends coming over).
>> The thing is it's a bit annoying for me to have my laptop open just to press play/plause. Having the downside bar on omx player (like when you play video on kodi) will be a great feature.

Not sure if this is going to possible.  I just start up omxplayer which takes over the whole screen - I'm don't know of a way to add any controls to this process.

>>Well the purpose is the immersion of the movie (and sometimes to show off a bit when your friends coming over).

Sounds fun - maybe I will try it.