Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie with subtitles works bad
Hi, I'm having an issue when I play movies with subtitles. They all seem to stop after about a minute or so. Well, they do not really stop, but the screen goes black, sometimes flickers a fragment of the movie, like the hdmi cable is poorly connected. But it's not that, tried on different TV's and cables. And I'm sure because it's crystal clear when I click stop and it goes back to terminal.

It works without subtitles. Could it be that there's a glitch with the subtitles?
Thanks in advance.
>> It works without subtitles. Could it be that there's a glitch with the subtitles?

I'm not sure what the problem is here. At this point in the process it's just omxplayer playing the chosen movie with the supplied subtitles. There is no more involvement from my software. I have installed blissflixx for a friend and they have a somewhat similar issue except theirs happens after a program is paused and then resumed - the lower half of the screen will then flicker and the screen regularly blacks out. They also use HDMI. So it seems the problem maybe to do with using HDMI (I have not seen any issues with a SCART connection - which is what I use). My friend with the pause/resume issues also uses a RPi Model 2 - Is this what you use? If so then maybe it is an issue with the RPi 2 + HDMI. Ideally we need further reports from other users so we can narrow down what combination of hardware has issues.

Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.
(06-22-2015, 10:04 AM)MrBliss Wrote: >> It works without subtitles. Could it be that there's a glitch with the subtitles?

I'm not sure what the problem is here. At this point in the process it's just omxplayer playing the chosen movie with the supplied subtitles. There is no more involvement from my software. I have installed blissflixx for a friend and they have a somewhat similar issue except theirs happens after a program is paused and then resumed - the lower half of the screen will then flicker and the screen regularly blacks out. They also use HDMI. So it seems the problem maybe to do with using HDMI (I have not seen any issues with a SCART connection - which is what I use). My friend with the pause/resume issues also uses a RPi Model 2 - Is this what you use? If so then maybe it is an issue with the RPi 2 + HDMI. Ideally we need further reports from other users so we can narrow down what combination of hardware has issues.

Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.

No I'm on a RPi B+. I also have the pause/resume issue. If I pause a movie the screen goes black, and stays like that, even if I play it again. Then I need to fully stop the movie so my Pi goes back to terminal (I don't boot to the GUI OS) and just then I can see things on my TV again.

I thought no one used a scart connection, but I'll try. Maybe it just has to do with omxplayer though. Thanks for your help.
I just installed RPi Model B with HDMI for another friend and everything works fine. I also run on RPi Model B with no issues. So it looks like the problem is either with RPi Model B+ / RPi Model 2 or it's an issue to do with the Brand/Make of TV (I don't think it can be the HDMI cable)